Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Home Base

Welcome to Baseball Japan, if you haven't by by before. This blog has been in service off and on for the last couple of years, but has been overshadowed by the work I've put together at Matsuzaka Watch. With the retirement of Matsuzaka Watch, I aim to dedicate my writing to this blog in covering all aspects of the sport of baseball as it is played in Japan at the amateur, industrial, and professional levels.

In addition to Baseball Japan, perhaps you've been by to look at some of my other player-oriented blogs such as Darvish Watch, Yuki Saito Watch, or Uehara Watch. These blogs, in the crunch of my current graduate work, have been under used and have fallen significantly behind. In the coming weeks and months, I will be rededicating my efforts to those sites to bring them up to date and provide new and dynamic coverage on each of the players they represent. My work at Baseball Prospectus has continued, and I am proud to be a regular contributor to their fine body of baseball writing. I will continue at BP as long as they'll have me and create an ebb and flow between my work here at Baseball Japan and in my columns there. If you don't have a subscription to Baseball Prospectus, it is well worth it. I promise you'll be satisfied with the content at BP as I was a subscriber long before I dreamed I'd be writing there.

Coming up in the near future at Baseball Japan, I will look at a few of the top prospects from the high school and college/industrial drafts. In addition, there will be some work to do on free agency, the university season, and wrapping up the Hawaiian Winter Baseball season. There's always something to write about at Baseball Japan, and I'll be here to cover everything from A to Z. If you are a member of Facebook, you'll be able to talk Japanese baseball at my Baseball Japan group dedicated to extended discussion of the topics I present in this space, as well as anything that's on your mind.

See you back here.
Mike Plugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home